This should have been up a week ago. No real excuses this time. Life happens. We move on — and we game! This time around we have information about games reflecting reality (kind of) in Greece, a great invention that shuts people up, and other Brain Flakes. Also, we found an UGLS — Unfriendly Local Game Store — and make sure you get the highlights so you know whether to visit them or not. And a CONTEST!
CONTEST? What do I win, you ask? Well, nothing really. A virtual pat on the back, use of your phrase in our show, and a moment of DiceGuy.Fame — which is almost as good as Net.Fame and certainly as fleeting. You see, we’re coming up blank on our Brian Flakes line, so maybe you can help us fill in the blank!
“Brain Flakes! Still crunchy in milk ________________!”
“Brain Flakes! So full of fiber, _______________!”
Just fill in the blanks and put your entry in the comments below or on our Google+ page. We’ll choose one and use it in a future show and give you a shout-out by name!
- Jason and Mike had nothing much to say about what they’ve done, so they talk about a contest (see above)
- And they mention the surprising number of hits on the Gilligan’s Island Fan Film review.
- In the midst of turmoil in Greece, Artipia Games is proud to present a game of acquisition and financial supremacy, Briefcase. Greek designers, Sotiris Tsantilas and Nikolas Sakaloglou, have put it up for funding on IndieGoGo.com.
- Your mom is da bomb! Or someone’s mom is. Panic ensues when passengers mishear a Southwest Airlines’ pilot’s announcement.
- Hickenlooper! Did you know that’s a real name? Of the governor of Colorado no less? Now everyone does after he called his Lieutenant Governor a “rising sex star” at a childhood literacy event. Whoops, there it is!
- SCIENCE! A research scientist at Japan’s National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology has developed a speech jamming gun. Aim, fire, ahhhhhh… blessed silence. Well, not exactly, but the thing really works. Check out more info at Wired.Com for the full details.
- We found out the Unfriendly Local Game Stores exist. In possibly one of the dickiest moves ever, Hillside Games of Asheville, North Carolina recently bought up six domain names related to the name of a new game store that was coming to town, The Wyvern’s Tale. Full info is here, and despite all the backlash, a follow-up here says Hillside plans to remain being slime-bags.
Picks of the Week
- [amazon_link id=”B004DK9JLO” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Poo by Wildfire Games a.k.a. Catalyst Game Labs[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B0043T4C5S” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Nuts by Wildfire Games a.k.a. Catalyst Game Labs[/amazon_link]
If your friendly local game store doesn’t have our picks, click the links and nab them!