I don’t have a cat, but if I did, it would probably be telling me to stop doing this and feed it. Or pet it. Or change its litter. And I would, because apparently cats control us, or so the scientist says in one of our Brain Flakes this week. Hey, it explains all that Egyptian cat stuff, I guess. We also update you on Joshuha Owen’s virtual tabletop for Google+ Hangouts, examine some negative vibes being sent Kickstarter’s way, and, of course, our Game Pick of the Week: Ankh-Morpork!
- Jason bought a Kinect for his XBox, and he’s been in pain ever since.
- Mike has been working on getting more stuff on the website and planning for a big trip in April.
- Joshuha Owen’s virtual tabletop for role play gaming for Google+ Hangouts is coming along nicely. Seems he plans to go open beta within a week or so. Check him out at G+ or his blog at TabletopForge.Com!
- A man is arrested for trespassing while in jail — and is still in jail. Imagine that. Happened in Arizona.
- SCIENCE! Fund NASA! Why? Because it makes cool things like these carbon fiber nanotube biocapsules. They’ll dispense medicines, stay active for months or years, and could help diabetics, among other things.
- SCIENCE! It’s a Feline Feces Freakout! No, really — despite the scientist who started it looking like a conspiracy theorist (and he readily admits his research sounds crazy), a lot of scientist have done their own tests and are finding his theory provable: cats spread parasites via their feces which can control your mind. Full story at The Atlantic.
- Universal worked with Hasbro to movies based on board games, but after completing just one (Battleship), they’re selling off the rights. Mayeb they are finally thinking what we did: Board games movies? WTF? Here’s some info.
- Kickstarter is getting a lot of negativity lately. We cover some of the complaints, and whether we think Kickstarter is still a great idea. No real article to link to, so here is a link to Kickstarter. Some other sites similar to Kickstarter — but check them to be certain of their focus — are IndieGoGo, Kiva, Ulele, Rockethub, among others. Search around.
Pick of the Week
- [amazon_link id=”B005M2629E” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Ankh-Morpork by Mayfair[/amazon_link]
If your friendly local game store doesn’t have our picks, click the links and nab them!