We’re almost back on track! Episode 15 was recorded this past weekend. Barring any more illness or craziness, we’ll be back to weekly shows again. Hooray!
This episode we get D&D 5th Edition out of our system, from the announcement itself to edition wars and character balance thoughts. We also have a heapin’ helping of Brain Flakes covering Apple’s iBooks 2 announcement, advertising in movie trailers, and the BBC doing some unflattering stuff to amateur astronomers. And we have our Game Pick of the Week!
- Jason is angry at the world and attempts to NOT get into politics.
- Mike is angry that Dublin Dr. Pepper is not going to be made anymore. Arrrrrgh!!
- Apple announces iBooks 2 with textbooks and an education initiative hammered out with major publishers in the textbook industry. The free iBooks Author can be used to create any kind of ebook — even gaming ones. We discuss the possibilities and caveats.
- The latest trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution starts out like an advertisement and then smoothly segues into the movie trailer. Good or bad?
- The Oatmeal comic made an awesome animated GIF cartoon to protest SOPA/PIPA. It made it onto CNN and several other newscasts, which apparently didn’t mind showing a koala and goat getting it on. 2012 really is when the world changes.
- The BBC talks about amateur astronomers finding a new planet, and does its best to make the astronomer look like a fool as well as fluff up the science. Boooooo, BBC!
- This is the D&D 5th Edition episode. We cover the announcement, edition wars, rising hate for 3rd edition, and what we think of character balance. (Hint on that last: we don’t need no steenkin’ balance!)
Pick of the Week
- [amazon_link id=”291484980X” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]EVO by Asmodee[/amazon_link]
If your friendly local game store doesn’t have our picks, click the links and nab them!